xsl:include/xsl:import href=...

Peter.Rushforth
xsl:include/xsl:import href=...

Hello,

I am running saxon at the command line in a batch oriented system.

Is there any way to use a <A HREF="file://">file:// url in the href attribute, and have the (program) file referenced
be executed and return the required stylesheet document, perhaps on standard output?

Is there another way to do this?

Would saxon support this?  or does it need to get the response off http?

Thanks !

And thanks for a great product too!

Peter

Peter Rushforth (Peter.Rushforth@statcan.ca).vcf (712 bytes) Download Attachment

RE: xsl:include/xsl:import href=...

Michael Kay
xsl:include/xsl:import href=...
You can certainly use a file:// URL. If you want it to be interpreted in any kind of non-standard way (e.g firing off a program) you can achieve this by supplying your own URIResolver. This is a standard feature of the JAXP API. The URIResolver returns a Source object, which might for example be a StreamSource that wraps a StringReader.

Be aware of security issues if the stylesheet you are executing is untrusted.

Michael Kay

Peter

Re: xsl:include/xsl:import href=...

George Cristian Bina-2
[...]
 > Is there any way to use a _file://_ url in the href attribute, and have
[...]

Note that if you want to refer a file from your file system you need
either not to provide the authority part of the URL or to give that as
empty so a file URL should look like either
file:/path/to/your/file
or
file:///path/to/your/file

If you write the URL as

file://path/to/your/file

then "path" will be considered to be the server your files are located on.
Note also that if you want to use relative locations you should not
specify the protocol, file in this case.

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina
http://www.oxygenxml.com