why class not found error

RamKumarDinesh Thillai

I have build a jar file using netbeans IDE which has saxon8-5.jar
when i run this jar file from my command prompt it throws this kind of exception.,

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/saxon/om/NodeInfo

what should i do for this?

waiting for a reply.

RE: why class not found error

Michael Kay

Firstly, I'd be grateful if you could avoid including advertising material
with messages sent to this list.

The error message means that the Java class loader can't find this class,
which generally means that the JAR file containing it is not on the class
path. (Or it means that you're invoking Java using the "-jar" option, which
doesn't search the class path).

I can't tell you any more, I'm afraid, without a lot more information.
Unfortunately it's a case where it's difficult to diagnose the problem
remotely: but it's some kind of error in your configuration.

________________________________

Re: RE: why class not found error

RamKumarDinesh Thillai

can u give some examples for those configurations..

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 Michael Kay wrote :

>Firstly, I'd be grateful if you could avoid including advertising material
>with messages sent to this list.
>
>The error message means that the Java class loader can't find this class,
>which generally means that the JAR file containing it is not on the class
>path. (Or it means that you're invoking Java using the "-jar" option, which
>doesn't search the class path).
>
>I can't tell you any more, I'm afraid, without a lot more information.
>Unfortunately it's a case where it's difficult to diagnose the problem
>remotely: but it's some kind of error in your configuration.
>
>Michael Kay
>http://www.saxonica.com/

  I can't give you any more than is already in the documentation.

You need to say more about what you are doing. You say you built a JAR file. What is in your JAR file? What does your command line look like? What is on your classpath?

Michael Kay

http://www.saxonica.com