treat as empty-sequence

David Carlisle

using saxon 8.7 (B J) The XQuery

1 treat as empty-sequence()

evaluates to 1.

I thought it should raise an error [err:XPDY0050] unless I've missed
some edge case of sequence matching (which is quite possible)

David

http://www.star.net.uk

RE: treat as empty-sequence

Michael Kay
Thanks, I have logged this and fixed the source code.

Re: treat as empty-sequence

David Carlisle

> Thanks, I have logged this and fixed the source code.
Thanks  It's not the most useful query really but as you probably guessed
I was generating it from something else and ended up with this while
testing some of the edge cases in the test suite.
It seems it took you less time to fix the source than it took me to
re-read the sequence mapping spec to see if I'd missed something:-)

David

http://www.star.net.uk