saxon .net 9.7 Syntax error in regular expression: unrecognized flag 'n'

saxon .net 9.7 Syntax error in regular expression: unrecognized flag 'n'

Alex Muir
Greetings,

I've created an ASP.net application and installed saxon-he using the
nugget package manager. I would like to use the n flag to Use the
standard .NET regular expression engine, allowing native .NET regex
syntax. This is supported on the .NET platform only.

However i'm getting the following error:

enter code here{"Syntax error in regular expression: unrecognized flag 'n'"}

I've put a saxon EE license key into the bin folder with the saxon dll
file however i still get the error. I'm not sure if saxon-he does not
support the n flag.

I've also then replaced the dll with saxon ee dlls downloaded from the
saxonica website however i still get the same error

Am i doing something wrong or is the n flag no longer supported?

Regards
Alex
tech.jahtoe.com
bafila.jahtoe.com

Re: saxon .net 9.7 Syntax error in regular expression: unrecognized flag 'n'

Michael Kay

The code to support the "n" flag is there in the product, though I'm not sure whether it has been recently tested.

Note that the flag must be separated from standard flags by a semicolon, e.g. flags="s;n" or flags=";n".

I think that unlike other Saxon extensions this one is available in HE without a license key.

Note also that you can set the .NET regex engine as your default by setting the configuration parameter "http://saxon.sf.net/feature/defaultRegexEngine" to the value "N".

Michael Kay

> Greetings,
>
> I've created an ASP.net application and installed saxon-he using the
> nugget package manager. I would like to use the n flag to Use the
> standard .NET regular expression engine, allowing native .NET regex
> syntax. This is supported on the .NET platform only.
>
> However i'm getting the following error:
>
> enter code here{"Syntax error in regular expression: unrecognized flag
> 'n'"}
>
> I've put a saxon EE license key into the bin folder with the saxon dll
> file however i still get the error. I'm not sure if saxon-he does not
> support the n flag.
>
> I've also then replaced the dll with saxon ee dlls downloaded from the
> saxonica website however i still get the same error
>
> Am i doing something wrong or is the n flag no longer supported?
>

> Regards
> Alex
> tech.jahtoe.com
> bafila.jahtoe.com

Re: saxon .net 9.7 Syntax error in regular expression: unrecognized flag 'n'

Alex Muir
Thanks Michael

The semi colon worked. I wasn't aware of that.