Quantcast

("one", "two") castable as xs:string? evaluates to true

("one", "two") castable as xs:string? evaluates to true

frans.englich (Bugzilla)

Hi,

Think I've found a bug in Saxon 8.5, the two expressions:

("one", "two") castable as xs:string?
("one", "two") castable as xs:string?

both evaluate to true, while they from what I can tell should evaluate to
false, since the cardinality of the source value is "2"(or have I missed
something obvious?).

Also, I'm a bit unsure about how to report bugs, one shouldn't submit them on
Sourceforge?

Cheers,

                Frans

RE: ("one", "two") castable as xs:string? evaluates to true

Michael Kay
Thanks for reporting this, will investigate.

I've logged the bug (1286501) and it will be fixed in the next release.

(It's possibly an example of a problem that might have other occurrences:
constant subexpressions are sometimes being evaluated before type-checking
is complete.)

Michael Kay
Saxonica Limited