java.lang.ClassCastException when using xsl:iterate

java.lang.ClassCastException when using xsl:iterate

Toshihiko Makita
Dear Michael Kay,

I am testing XSLT3.0 functionality by using Saxon PE 9.3. When I
rewriting XSLT 1.0 stylesheet to use xsl:iterate, I encountered
java.lang.ClassCastException and cannot proceed any more. I attached
related files in this mail. But the stylesheet will be incomplete. If
you have any advice to avoid this error, please teach me.

Regards,

Toshihiko Makita

err_20110305.zip (6K) Download Attachment

Re: java.lang.ClassCastException when using xsl:iterate

Michael Kay
On 04/03/2011 18:01, Toshihiko Makita wrote:

Makita-san,

Many thanks for reporting this. I have reproduced and identified the problem and have a fix ready to test.

I think the problem will affect any xsl:iterate instruction that is enclosed within an xsl:for-each. As a workaround until the patch is available, I wonder if you could try replacing the xsl:for-each with an xsl:apply-templates?

It's great to see this new feature receiving some real-life exposure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ What You Don't Know About Data Connectivity CAN Hurt You This paper provides an overview of data connectivity, details its effect on application quality, and explores various alternative solutions. http://p.sf.net/sfu/progress-d2d

Re: java.lang.ClassCastException when using xsl:iterate

Toshihiko Makita
Dear Michael Kay,

Thank you for your reply.

According to your advice I modified this stylesheet to use
xsl:apply-templates instead of xsl:for-each. My stylesheet still has
some bugs. However I got mostly expected result.

Regards,

Michael Kay wrote:

> Makita-san,
>
> Many thanks for reporting this. I have reproduced and identified the
> problem and have a fix ready to test.
>
> I think the problem will affect any xsl:iterate instruction that is
> enclosed within an xsl:for-each. As a workaround until the patch is
> available, I wonder if you could try replacing the xsl:for-each with an
> xsl:apply-templates?
>
> It's great to see this new feature receiving some real-life exposure.

/*------------------------------------------------*/
 Toshihiko Makita
 Development Group. Antenna House, Inc. Ina Branch
 E-Mail [hidden email]
 8077-1 Horikita Minamiminowa Vil. Kamiina Co.
 Nagano Pref. 399-4511 Japan
 Tel +81-265-76-9300 Fax +81-265-78-1668
 Web site:
 http://www.antenna.co.jp/