item is not item()

Ihe Onwuka-2
Now I may be jumping the gun a bit because I am getting this in a
transform being invoked from eXist.

  <xsl:template match="item(not ancestor::item)">

exerr:ERROR XSL transform reported error: item() is not allowed in a
path expression [source: String]

Re: item is not item()

Michael Sokolov-2
Try

<xsl:template match="item[not ancestor::item]">

the corners matter :)

On 03/25/2014 03:58 PM, Ihe Onwuka wrote:

> Now I may be jumping the gun a bit because I am getting this in a
> transform being invoked from eXist.
>
>    <xsl:template match="item(not ancestor::item)">
>
> exerr:ERROR XSL transform reported error: item() is not allowed in a
> path expression [source: String]

Re: item is not item()

Michael Kay

On 25 Mar 2014, at 20:11, Michael Sokolov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Try
>
> <xsl:template match="item[not ancestor::item]">

Actually match="item[ not ( ancestor::item ) ]"

On 3/25/2014 8:07 PM, Michael Kay wrote:
> On 25 Mar 2014, at 20:11, Michael Sokolov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Try
>>
>> <xsl:template match="item[not ancestor::item]">
> Actually match="item[ not ( ancestor::item ) ]"
Ha! too much Python on the brain, or something.