help saxon-help mailing list configuration/ marklogic login??

help saxon-help mailing list configuration/ marklogic login??

Wintermann, John (RTIS)

On the web page for selecting my membership configuration there is a row that asks:

Which topic categories would you like to subscribe to?

By selecting one or more topics, you can filter the traffic on the mailing list, so as to receive only a subset of the messages. If a message matches one of your selected topics, then you will get the message, otherwise you will not.

The other topic says “No topics defined”

Where can I define/subscribe to topics?

Should I access the list via

http://saxon.markmail.org/

or

http://sourceforge.net/p/saxon/mailman/saxon-help/ ???

In either case, do I need to create a MarkLogic/markmail account or a sourceforge account?

Should I access the list via http://saxon.markmail.org/ or http://sourceforge.net/p/saxon/mailman/saxon-help/

Thanks

Re: help saxon-help mailing list configuration/ marklogic login??

Michael Kay

Which topic categories would you like to subscribe to?

By selecting one or more topics, you can filter the traffic on the mailing list, so as to receive only a subset of the messages. If a message matches one of your selected topics, then you will get the message, otherwise you will not.

The other topic says “No topics defined”

There are no topics defined, so this feature of the mailman software has no practical use for this list.

Should I access the list via

http://saxon.markmail.org/

or

http://sourceforge.net/p/saxon/mailman/saxon-help/ ???

In either case, do I need to create a MarkLogic/markmail account or a sourceforge account?

Markmail gives you very good search capabilities, much better than SourceForge. But as far as I'm aware it doesn't notify you of postings to the list or allow you to respond: it's merely an archive.

I would subscribe to the SourceForge list (if I remember right that requires a SourceForge account) and use Markmail if you need to search the archives.

Also these days you are very welcome to use the forum/support site at saxonica.plan.io - that's where we ask you to go if you want to raise support issues or bugs.