doc-available ant dtd:off

cmarchand

Hello,

I have a strange behavior :

running a XSL with saxon 9.3 (yes, I know...) on a SVG file run perfectly (with -dtd:off)

If I run with -dtd:on, it generates errors.

This is normal.

Now, running an XSL with a doc-available(...) on the same file, always generates an error, event if -dtd:off is set.

Is it normal ? Is there another option for doc-available ?

Attached is the file I have problems with. The file does no match the referenced DTD, due to unexpected namespace declarations.

Best,

Christophe

xs02301.svg (928K) Download Attachment

Re: doc-available ant dtd:off

Michael Kay
I haven't been able to reproduce this effect. Both with 9.7 and 9.3, I ran a query doing doc-available('invalid.xml'), and it returns true with -dtd:off, false with -dtd:on. I get this both for my own sample files, and for yours.

Perhaps there is some other reason doc-available() is returning false other than a DTD validation failure? What happens if you call doc() instead of doc-available()?

When you say doc-available() generates an error, do you really mean it generates an error (if so, what error?), or do you mean it returns false?

On 6 Apr 2016, at 16:37, [hidden email] wrote:

Hello,

I have a strange behavior :

running a XSL with saxon 9.3 (yes, I know...) on a SVG file run perfectly (with -dtd:off)

If I run with -dtd:on, it generates errors.

This is normal.

Now, running an XSL with a doc-available(...) on the same file, always generates an error, event if -dtd:off is set.

Is it normal ? Is there another option for doc-available ?

Attached is the file I have problems with. The file does no match the referenced DTD, due to unexpected namespace declarations.

Best,

Christophe

reduces your MTTR. Get your free trial!
https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/302982198;130105516;z_______________________________________________