XSLT and XPath 3.0 support in Saxon HE

Radu Coravu
Dear Michael,

I read this link:

http://saxonica.com/documentation9.4-demo/html/conformance/xslt30.html

and I have some questions.

Will Saxon HE ever support XSLT and XPath 3.0? Because if not, there
will probably be no non-commercial XSLT processor supporting them.

Radu

Radu Coravu
<oXygen/>  XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com

Re: XSLT and XPath 3.0 support in Saxon HE

Michael Kay

> Will Saxon HE ever support XSLT and XPath 3.0? Because if not, there
> will probably be no non-commercial XSLT processor supporting them.

I have yet to make a decision on this. It may well be aligned with conformance levels defined in the W3C specifications, with the open-source version being aligned to the minimum conformance level. If XSLT 3.0 follows XQuery 3.0 on this, this would exclude support for higher order functions.

Re: XSLT and XPath 3.0 support in Saxon HE

Radu Coravu
Thanks Michael,

Probably having some minimum support of XPath and XSLT 3.0 in HE would
indeed be the right choice.

Regards,