XSLT 3.0 features in Saxon-HE 9.6 / Updated Feature Matrix?

XSLT 3.0 features in Saxon-HE 9.6 / Updated Feature Matrix?

Emanuel Wlaschitz
We just upgraded to Saxon-HE 9.6 and I wanted to see if and which XSLT 3.0 features (also XPath/XQuery) are supported there.
It's not that we have a use-case for it at the moment, I just wanted to check on a nice-to-know basis (since I remember reading that 9.6 supports a limited set of 3.0 features).

http://www.saxonica.com/feature-matrix.html still refers to Saxon 9.5 and could use an update.

- Emanuel

Re: XSLT 3.0 features in Saxon-HE 9.6 / Updated Feature Matrix?

Michael Kay
yes, we're working on the update of the feature matrix - sorry about the delay.

For detailed information about which W3C features are supported, see the "conformance" section of the documentation here:

http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/index.html#!conformance

On 9 Dec 2014, at 12:58, Emanuel Wlaschitz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We just upgraded to Saxon-HE 9.6 and I wanted to see if and which XSLT 3.0 features (also XPath/XQuery) are supported there.
> It's not that we have a use-case for it at the moment, I just wanted to check on a nice-to-know basis (since I remember reading that 9.6 supports a limited set of 3.0 features).
>
> http://www.saxonica.com/feature-matrix.html still refers to Saxon 9.5 and could use an update.
>
> - Emanuel

Re: XSLT 3.0 features in Saxon-HE 9.6 / Updated Feature Matrix?

Emanuel Wlaschitz
Ah ok, thanks, I knew there was some other page listing the supported features.

I suppose that one is still true?
"Saxon-HE does not implement any XSLT 3.0 features."

- Emanuel

yes, we're working on the update of the feature matrix - sorry about the delay.

For detailed information about which W3C features are supported, see the "conformance" section of the documentation here:

http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/index.html#!conformance

On 9 Dec 2014, at 12:58, Emanuel Wlaschitz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We just upgraded to Saxon-HE 9.6 and I wanted to see if and which XSLT 3.0 features (also XPath/XQuery) are supported there.
> It's not that we have a use-case for it at the moment, I just wanted to check on a nice-to-know basis (since I remember reading that 9.6 supports a limited set of 3.0 features).
>
> http://www.saxonica.com/feature-matrix.html still refers to Saxon 9.5 and could use an update.
>
> - Emanuel

Re: XSLT 3.0 features in Saxon-HE 9.6 / Updated Feature Matrix?

Michael Kay

> Ah ok, thanks, I knew there was some other page listing the supported features.
>
> I suppose that one is still true?
> "Saxon-HE does not implement any XSLT 3.0 features."

Yes.

As with XQuery 3.0, we will wait until it is a W3C recommendation before deciding which feature set to support in the open source product.

Re: XSLT 3.0 features in Saxon-HE 9.6 / Updated Feature Matrix?

Martin Honnen-2
Emanuel Wlaschitz wrote:

> I suppose that one is still true?
> "Saxon-HE does not implement any XSLT 3.0 features."

As far as I have tested, an XSLT version="3.0" stylesheet run in Saxon
9.6 HE supports use of XPath 3.0 expressions and functions (like
'parse-xml' for instance).