XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 Serialization

Elliotte Harold
Does the current version of Saxon-B and/or SA (8.6.1 I think) support
the output format defined in the current draft XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0
Serialization? If so, is this the default that comes out when I do or do
not use -wrap? Or is there some other flag I need to use to turn this
on? Thanks.

--
´╗┐Elliotte Rusty Harold  [hidden email]

RE: XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 Serialization

Michael Kay
> Does the current version of Saxon-B and/or SA (8.6.1 I think) support
> the output format defined in the current draft XSLT 2.0 and
> XQuery 1.0 Serialization?

Yes, modulo any bugs in the product or the spec.

> If so, is this the default that comes out when
> I do or do not use -wrap?

If you run the XQuery processor from the command line (without using -wrap)
then by default the output is serialized as defined in the above spec, with
serialization options

method=xml
version=1.0
indent=yes
encoding=utf-8

and other options defaulted to "no" or none.

You can change these serialization parameters from the command line, e.g.

!indent=no

or

!method=html

or from the body of the query, e.g.

declare option saxon:output "indent=no";

In XSLT, of course, the serialization is controlled using xsl:output.