XQuery syntax error when "div" is used as a name

XQuery syntax error when "div" is used as a name

Rademacher, Gunther
While writing XQueries for XHTML processing, I came across a syntax
error that doesn't seem to be justified:

The message is

   Error on line 1 column 24
     expected "<name>", found "div"
   Failed to compile query

Obviously lexical analysis says that the second "div" is the division
operator. Shouldn't it recognize an NCName here?

RE: XQuery syntax error when "div" is used as a name

Michael Kay
Thanks for reporting this (it's been undiscovered in the product for a long
time). I've logged it with a fix (not yet regression tested) at

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1352670&group_id=2
9872&atid=397617

Thanks for the quick fix - it works OK now.