XQC with Saxon/C ?

Chapman Flack
Hi,

I see that there is an effort toward an implementation-independent
C API, XQC, and that XQilla and Zorba both implement it.

I also see that Saxon is now available in a cross-compiled C version.
Does Saxon/C offer an XQC API, or its own unique API, or something
mechanically derived from XQJ or s9api?

If there isn't an XQC to Saxon/C binding yet, has anyone a sense of
how feasible or difficult it would be?

Thanks,
Chapman Flack

Re: XQC with Saxon/C ?

Michael Kay
Thanks for drawing this to our attention. At first sight (as I would expect from the list of authors) it looks like a very clean design and I wouldn't expect to see great difficulty in implementing it. We'll take a look at it.

The current Saxon/C API for XQuery is described here:

http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-c/doc/html/index.html#getting-started