Using XInclude with Saxon 8.6

Bhavin Kamani
Hi,

Can I use xinclude with saxon 8.6. I believe the latest version of xerces (2.7.1)has support for xinclude. Is it possible to use xerces 2.7.1 as the Source parser. If so how do I enable xinclude related xerces features?

Thanks in advance
Bhavin Kamani

RE: Using XInclude with Saxon 8.6

Michael Kay
You can't switch this on from the Saxon command line, you have to do a bit of Java coding. Basically, you supply a SAXSource as the input to Saxon, initializing the SAXSource with an XMLReader that identifies the Xerces parser, and set the appriopriate feature(s) on the XMLReader, as described at http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/features.html

Re: Using XInclude with Saxon 8.6

Dave Pawson-2
On 08/11/05, Michael Kay <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You can't switch this on from the Saxon command line,

I think this would make a valuable addition to the
command line options Mike?

Bit like the catalog support?
XInclude is becoming more visible over time?

Is it practical (Noting the steps you outline).

regards DaveP

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.