'URI is not absolute

AngusRose-2
Dear All,
              I am currently developing a J2EE based application running
on OC4J. Part of it requires the transformation of an XML file into several
separate docs. To do this I have used Saxon as this is the only processor
that handles this requirement. However, when I run the app on the server
it falls over big style with an error of 'URI is not absolute
' which I think is a reference to finding the input source and stylesheet.
It works fine as a stand alone app as I can supply the URIs as absolute ones.
How do I configure Saxon to accept relative URIs or is there another way
of overcoming this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help

Angus

Book yourself something to look forward to in 2005.
Cheap flights - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/flights/
Bargain holidays - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/holidays/

RE: 'URI is not absolute

Michael Kay
I don't think that the message "URI is not absolute" comes from Saxon (or
perhaps you weren't quoting it exactly as it appeared?). It's possible that
it comes from the XML parser. There's actually a statement in the SAX
specifications that URIs supplied in a SAXSource or StreamSource must be
absolute, but many applications ignore this requirement and most parsers
seem to cope with it OK.

To get to the bottom of this we need to know more exactly what you are
doing, where the error message is coming from, and where the URI that it's
complaining about comes from.