Shell-like XQuery

Florent Georges
  Hi

  Is there a way to use Saxon as a shell-like XQuery processor?  I mean
a state where Saxon is waiting for input in its stdin and outputing
result of the evaluation directly on stdout.

  This could be very interesting to inspect the content of XML
documents, in a "garbage-session", without requiring the need to create
temporary files.

  The perfect tool would be a comint mode in Emacs build on top of this
interface, with completion based on shemas (and filesystem to specify
input documents).  Maybe too perfect :-p

  Thanks for your help.

  Regards,

--drkm

RE: Shell-like XQuery

Michael Kay
You can write a simple front-end application on top of Saxon that does this:
see the XPathEvaluator sample app for an example that uses XPath rather than
XQuery.