Quantcast

SaxonJS looks very interesting

Rob Koberg-2
Hi,

I would love to see an example app using Redux ( http://redux.js.org/
- "Redux is a predictable state container for JavaScript apps." ).

Redux is not limited to React apps and is quickly becoming a standard
way to manage state in the browser. I think SaxonJS would benefit from
showing how Redux can work with it. In other words, where React is
used, perhaps XSL can be used? Redux can use something like
ImmutableJS ( https://github.com/facebook/immutable-js ) which perhaps
is very similar to the way data is handled in an XSL transformation?

Or, how is state managed in SaxonJS?

Many/most JS frameworks/toolsets come with a /standardized/ todo list
example. Here is a version using the React+Redux example from the
redux docs: http://redux.js.org/docs/basics/ExampleTodoList.html --
Here are a bunch of different frameworks and toolsets creating the
same todo app: http://todomvc.com/ (you can reuse assets and styles)

Re: SaxonJS looks very interesting

Michael Kay

> I would love to see an example app using Redux ( http://redux.js.org/
> - "Redux is a predictable state container for JavaScript apps." ).

We'd love to see as many interesting example apps as the user community can come up with!

Re: SaxonJS looks very interesting

Rob Koberg-2
FWIW, here is a really nice way to get up and running with a basic
React app if anyone is interested in creating something similar for a
SaxonJS based app:
https://github.com/facebookincubator/create-react-app

SaxonJS should probably also have a presence in the NPM ecosystem
(with the understanding that you will need to license Saxon Java to
generate the XSL to JS readable XML):
http://www.nearform.com/nodecrunch/coding-with-nodejs/