Quantcast

Saxon Maintenance release: Saxon 9.7.0.8

Saxon Maintenance release: Saxon 9.7.0.8

O'Neil Delpratt
Dear All,

We are pleased to announce the release of Saxon 9.7.0.8 maintenance release on the 1 September 2016

Sorry there is still no .NET release. We decided to give priority to bug fixing.

For a list of bugs, go to https://saxonica.plan.io/projects/saxon and filter on 'Fixed in Maintenance' = 9.7.0.8 and Status = all.
See also the roadmap for Saxon 9.7.0.8 which details bug fixes: https://saxonica.plan.io/projects/saxon/roadmap#9.7.0.8

Alternatively, view the readme file for summary of bugs fixed:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/saxon/files/Saxon-HE/9.7/readme97.txt/download

Download products:
http://www.saxonica.com/download/download_page.xml
http://sourceforge.net/projects/saxon/files/Saxon-HE/9.7
Maven (Will be added shortly)
Documentation: http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/
Please see the change log for more details: http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/#!changes/9.6-9.7

To receive notifications of new Saxon products, in addition to major and
minor releases please go to the following page and click on 'Watch'
(user registration is required):

https://saxonica.plan.io/projects/saxon/news

Kind regards,

-------------------------------
O'Neil Delpratt
Software Developer, Saxonica Limited
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ond1
Tel: +44 118 946 5894
Web: http://www.saxonica.com
Saxonica Community site: http://dev.saxonica.com
Bug tracking site: https://saxonica.plan.io/

Re: Saxon Maintenance release: Saxon 9.7.0.8

Michael Kay

> On 1 Sep 2016, at 18:03, O'Neil Delpratt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> We are pleased to announce the release of Saxon 9.7.0.8 maintenance release on the 1 September 2016

Just to add something which you will notice if you look at the detailed list of changes: there's a slight departure from previous policy with maintenance releases, in that we are now often implementing minor W3C spec changes in maintenance releases rather than waiting for the next major release. Generally, because of the state of development of the XPath/XQuery 3.1 and XSLT 3.0 specifications, these changes are very minor, but they may in a few cases be disruptive to applications that are using new features of these draft specifications. An example is that the rules for handling of duplicates in map:merge() have changed - by default now, the first duplicate is retained rather than the last duplicate. We decided that deferring the implementation of such a change will only increase the number of users who are affected.

The W3C WGs are moving towards public operation where all decisions are public as soon as they are made. However, we recognize that not many users have the time to track the detail. On occasions the Saxon implementation will have implemented changes before they appear in published W3C draft specifications. Users beware.

Re: Saxon Maintenance release: Saxon 9.7.0.8

max toro q
> Sorry there is still no .NET release. We decided to give priority to
> bug fixing.

I see the executable for 9.7.0.8 at http://sourceforge.net/projects/saxon/files/Saxon-HE/9.7
I think the above paragraph applies to the first couple of 9.7 releases only

--
Max Toro

________________________________

> From: [hidden email]
> Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 18:03:25 +0100
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [saxon] Saxon Maintenance release: Saxon 9.7.0.8
>
> Dear All,
>
> We are pleased to announce the release of Saxon 9.7.0.8 maintenance
> release on the 1 September 2016
>
> Sorry there is still no .NET release. We decided to give priority to
> bug fixing.
>
> For a list of bugs, go to https://saxonica.plan.io/projects/saxon and
> filter on 'Fixed in Maintenance' = 9.7.0.8 and Status = all.
> See also the roadmap for Saxon 9.7.0.8 which details bug
> fixes: https://saxonica.plan.io/projects/saxon/roadmap#9.7.0.8
>
> Alternatively, view the readme file for summary of bugs fixed:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/saxon/files/Saxon-HE/9.7/readme97.txt/download
>
> Download products:
> http://www.saxonica.com/download/download_page.xml
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/saxon/files/Saxon-HE/9.7
> Maven (Will be added shortly)
> Documentation: http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/
> Please see the change log for more
> details: http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/#!changes/9.6-9.7<http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/#%21changes/9.6-9.7>
>
> To receive notifications of new Saxon products, in addition to major and
> minor releases please go to the following page and click on 'Watch'
> (user registration is required):
>
> https://saxonica.plan.io/projects/saxon/news
>

> Kind regards,
>

> -------------------------------
> O'Neil Delpratt
> Software Developer, Saxonica Limited
> Email: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
> Twitter: https://twitter.com/ond1
> Tel: +44 118 946 5894
> Web: http://www.saxonica.com
> Saxonica Community site: http://dev.saxonica.com
> Bug tracking site: https://saxonica.plan.io/

Re: Saxon Maintenance release: Saxon 9.7.0.8

Jorge Williams-2
Thanks!

Not seeing the HE release in Maven Central.  Oversight?

http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Ca%3A%22Saxon-HE%22

-jOrGe W.

On 1 Sep 2016, at 20:34, Max Toro <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sorry there is still no .NET release. We decided to give priority to
bug fixing.

I see the executable for 9.7.0.8 at http://sourceforge.net/projects/saxon/files/Saxon-HE/9.7
I think the above paragraph applies to the first couple of 9.7 releases only

Yes I confirm .NET release is included. oversight in copying and paste.

On 2 Sep 2016, at 05:50, Jorge Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks!

Not seeing the HE release in Maven Central.  Oversight?

http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Ca%3A%22Saxon-HE%22

Maven release now deposited

Re: Saxon Maintenance release: Saxon 9.7.0.8

Mailing Lists Mail

We are now looking at the evaluation version of saxon ee 9.7.0.8..
There seems to be some slight difference in how the version is being called ?

The title in the download page is 9.7.0.8
The downloaded zip version is.    9-7-0-8j
The maven central is calling it.    9.7.0-8

Why are they called by different names in different places ? We are not very sure if 9.7.0-8 is the maven we should be taking ..
I get asked all these questions and i can only reply back saying they are all "probably" the same.
Any suggestions?
Dak

On Sep 2, 2016 3:36 AM, "O'Neil Delpratt" <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 2 Sep 2016, at 05:50, Jorge Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks!

Not seeing the HE release in Maven Central.  Oversight?

http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Ca%3A%22Saxon-HE%22

Maven release now deposited

Re: Saxon Maintenance release: Saxon 9.7.0.8

Mailing Lists Mail

One quick question.
We downloaded the 9.7.0.8 and running eval licence.
When we buy the full version EE 9.7.0.8 , is there a different exe we should download again ? Or will it just be fine to have the new license file ?
In short, can we just keep the 9.7.0.8 with us and use the new non eval licence file ?

Dak.

On 8 Sep 2016, at 16:47, Mailing Lists Mail <[hidden email]> wrote:

One quick question.
We downloaded the 9.7.0.8 and running eval licence.
When we buy the full version EE 9.7.0.8 , is there a different exe we should download again ? Or will it just be fine to have the new license file ?
In short, can we just keep the 9.7.0.8 with us and use the new non eval licence file ?

Yes. The product is identical, the only difference is the license file.