Quantcast

Saxon-JS 1.0 release

debbie
We're delighted to announce the first full release of Saxon-JS 1.0.
Details here:

http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-js/index.xml

Saxon-JS allows execution of XSLT 3.0 stylesheets in the browser, with
extensions to allow interactive user input to be handled from within the
stylesheet. This release works on Internet Explorer and Edge, as well as
Safari, Firefox, Opera and Chrome.

Saxon-JS is a run-time only product; you first need to compile the
stylesheet to produce an SEF ("stylesheet export file"). For use with
Saxon-JS 1.0, SEFs should be produced using Saxon-EE 9.7.0.15 (also
released today) or later.

Also for the first time, Saxon-JS 1.0 includes a complete XPath 3.1
engine (both parsing and execution), which can be invoked either via its
own JavaScript API, or via the XSLT 3.0 xsl:evaluate instruction, and
operates on both XML and HTML DOM trees.

Since the final beta release there has been significant cross-browser
conformance testing, and known performance issues have been addressed.

The product documentation at
http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-js/documentation/index.html is itself a
Saxon-JS application. See the Change History section for details on new
features since the initial beta release.

For a list of bug fixes in this release, see the Saxon-JS project at
https://saxonica.plan.io/projects/saxon-js. We also welcome your
feedback here.

The product is available under a commercial Saxonica license, but the
only charge is for the Saxon-EE licenses needed to develop XSLT 3.0
stylesheets prior to deployment. The standalone XPath capability is
available at no cost, subject to terms and conditions.

With this release of Saxon-JS 1.0, support for the old Saxon-CE product
is now formally dropped.

--
Debbie Lockett

Re: Saxon-JS 1.0 release

Martin Honnen-2
On 07.02.2017 19:20, Debbie wrote:

> We're delighted to announce the first full release of Saxon-JS 1.0.
> Details here:
>
> http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-js/index.xml
>
> Saxon-JS allows execution of XSLT 3.0 stylesheets in the browser, with
> extensions to allow interactive user input to be handled from within the
> stylesheet. This release works on Internet Explorer and Edge, as well as
> Safari, Firefox, Opera and Chrome.
>
> Saxon-JS is a run-time only product; you first need to compile the
> stylesheet to produce an SEF ("stylesheet export file"). For use with
> Saxon-JS 1.0, SEFs should be produced using Saxon-EE 9.7.0.15 (also
> released today) or later.
>
> Also for the first time, Saxon-JS 1.0 includes a complete XPath 3.1
> engine (both parsing and execution), which can be invoked either via its
> own JavaScript API, or via the XSLT 3.0 xsl:evaluate instruction, and
> operates on both XML and HTML DOM trees.

http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-js/documentation/index.html#!samples/clocks
links to http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-js/demos/clocks/index.xhtml which
gives a 404, when I correct the URL to
http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-js/demos/clocks/index.html a text/html
document is loaded but then causes a script error because inline script
contains a < entity in XML syntax which the HTML parser does not like.

index.html:66 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ;

Re: Saxon-JS 1.0 release

Michael Kay

> http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-js/documentation/index.html#!samples/clocks
> links to http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-js/demos/clocks/index.xhtml which
> gives a 404, when I correct the URL to
> http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-js/demos/clocks/index.html a text/html
> document is loaded but then causes a script error because inline script
> contains a < entity in XML syntax which the HTML parser does not like.

yes, thanks, we spotted that ourselves. It needs a configuration change on our web server to serve the right media types, and we decided not to hold the release waiting for that.

Re: Saxon-JS 1.0 release

John Lumley-2
This has now been fixed - the demo at
http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-js/documentation/index.html#!samples/clocks

should now be visible

http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-js/documentation/index.html#!samples/clocks links to http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-js/demos/clocks/index.xhtml which gives a 404, when I correct the URL to http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-js/demos/clocks/index.html a text/html document is loaded but then causes a script error because inline script contains a < entity in XML syntax which the HTML parser does not like.
yes, thanks, we spotted that ourselves. It needs a configuration change on our web server to serve the right media types, and we decided not to hold the release waiting for that.

--
John Lumley MA PhD CEng FIEE
[hidden email]