Saxon-C memory use question

Kevin S. Clarke
Hi,

I see in ticket 2055 (https://saxonica.plan.io/issues/2055) that there have been some improvements to memory usage, but there hasn't been a new release yet.  I read in another mailing list thread that you all use an internal subversion.  Any chance an anonymous public interface to that or use of a GitHub mirror, or something like that, could be made available?

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Saxon-C memory use question

Michael Kay
I’m sorry that progress on Saxon-C has been slower than we hoped. It remains a project in which I have high hopes, but our resources are a bit thinly stretched at the moment across a wide range of development and support activities. Development is ongoing, just a bit slow.

I may be a bit old-school on this, but I have never felt that exposing unfinished and untested code to users would speed things up; I think it’s more likely to have the opposite effect. Sorry!

On 18 Jun 2015, at 20:42, Kevin S. Clarke <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I see in ticket 2055 (https://saxonica.plan.io/issues/2055) that there have been some improvements to memory usage, but there hasn't been a new release yet.  I read in another mailing list thread that you all use an internal subversion.  Any chance an anonymous public interface to that or use of a GitHub mirror, or something like that, could be made available?

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Saxon-C memory use question

Ed Avis-2
Is it planned for Saxon-C to include the command line 'saxon' interface
(presumably also converted automatically from Java to C)?  I too am interested
in reducing memory usage (and perhaps as a bonus startup time) compared to
the Java implementation.

--
Ed Avis <[hidden email]>

Re: Saxon-C memory use question

O'Neil Delpratt
Hi Ed,

This is something we will include in the next release.  I will send you a C program shortly with the command line interface which you can use with the existing release of Saxon/C.

kind regards,

O'Neil