Saxon/C for PHP - installation problems with ldconfig

Saxon/C for PHP - installation problems with ldconfig

dokosza
Hi!

I am following the installation instructions for Saxon/C to install it
as a PHP module. (http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-c/index.xml#support)
It's failing on ldconfig: ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libsaxon.so is
truncated

This is what I've done so far:

---------------------
wget http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-c/libsaxon-HEC-setup64-v0.3.1.zip
unzip libsaxon-HEC-setup64-v0.3.1.zip
sudo ./libsaxon-HEC-setup64-v0.3.1

Installation path I used:
/usr/lib/Saxonica/Saxon-HEC0.3.1

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/Saxonica/Saxon-HEC0.3.1/libsaxon.so
/usr/lib/libsaxon.so
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/Saxonica/Saxon-HEC0.3.1/rt /usr/lib/rt
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/Saxonica/Saxon-HEC0.3.1/saxon-data
/usr/lib/saxon-data

sudo vim /etc/ld.so.conf.d/jetvm.conf

There I entered:
#JetVM env path - required for Saxon
/usr/lib/rt/lib/amd64
/usr/lib/rt/lib/amd64/jetvm
---------------------------------

Now I'm trying to do the following:

sudo ldconfig
which returns
ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libsaxon.so is truncated

What is the problem with this file? I made sure that the file really
exists. I tried to redownload and reinstall the archive a few times, but
the problem persists.
I'm on Debian wheezy:
uname -a
Linux dev 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.60-1+deb7u3 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Can you please help?

Regards
Rick

Re: Saxon/C for PHP - installation problems with ldconfig

O'Neil Delpratt
Hi,

Thanks for reporting the problem you are having. It seems very strange as to what is happening. My first thoughts is that the library has been corrupted upon download, but you have already tried downloading it again. I will have to investigate the setup on this distribution and get back to you shortly.

kind regards,

O'Neil

> On 16 Feb 2015, at 13:19, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> I am following the installation instructions for Saxon/C to install it
> as a PHP module. (http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-c/index.xml#support)
> It's failing on ldconfig: ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libsaxon.so is
> truncated
>
> This is what I've done so far:
>
> ---------------------
> wget http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-c/libsaxon-HEC-setup64-v0.3.1.zip
> unzip libsaxon-HEC-setup64-v0.3.1.zip
> sudo ./libsaxon-HEC-setup64-v0.3.1
>
> Installation path I used:
> /usr/lib/Saxonica/Saxon-HEC0.3.1
>
> sudo ln -s /usr/lib/Saxonica/Saxon-HEC0.3.1/libsaxon.so
> /usr/lib/libsaxon.so
> sudo ln -s /usr/lib/Saxonica/Saxon-HEC0.3.1/rt /usr/lib/rt
> sudo ln -s /usr/lib/Saxonica/Saxon-HEC0.3.1/saxon-data
> /usr/lib/saxon-data
>
> sudo vim /etc/ld.so.conf.d/jetvm.conf
>
> There I entered:
> #JetVM env path - required for Saxon
> /usr/lib/rt/lib/amd64
> /usr/lib/rt/lib/amd64/jetvm
> ---------------------------------
>
> Now I'm trying to do the following:
>
> sudo ldconfig
> which returns
> ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libsaxon.so is truncated
>
> What is the problem with this file? I made sure that the file really
> exists. I tried to redownload and reinstall the archive a few times, but
> the problem persists.
> I'm on Debian wheezy:
> uname -a
> Linux dev 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.60-1+deb7u3 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>

> Can you please help?
>
> Regards
> Rick

-------------------------------
O'Neil Delpratt
Software Developer, Saxonica Limited Email: [hidden email]
Tel: +44 118 946 5894
Web: http://www.saxonica.com
Saxonica Community site: http://dev.saxonica.com
Bug tracking site: https://saxonica.plan.io/

Re: Saxon/C for PHP - installation problems with ldconfig

O'Neil Delpratt
Hi Rick,

sorry for the delay in looking the problem you reported last week. I think it is safe to ignore the error and proceed with the installation steps given (i.e. http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-c/index.xml#installing).

I did reproduce the same problem when I tried installing Saxon/C on Debian wheezy. But I just moved onto the next step and it worked. I don’t have any explanation as to what is the problem with the command ldconfig on debian.