Quantcast

Saxon 9.5 & accumulators functions

cmarchand
Hello !

I'm limited to a 9.5EE (budget to update the licenses are voted, but for
next year...), and I have to use accumultors in streaming monde.

What were the names (or equivalent) of accumultor-before and
accumulator-after function at 9.5 times ?

Best regards,
Christophe

Re: Saxon 9.5 & accumulators functions

Martin Honnen-2
On 09.11.2016 16:14, [hidden email] wrote:

> I'm limited to a 9.5EE (budget to update the licenses are voted, but for
> next year...), and I have to use accumultors in streaming monde.
>
> What were the names (or equivalent) of accumultor-before and
> accumulator-after function at 9.5 times ?

I think the examples in
https://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-xslt-30-20120710/#accumulator-examples
suggest you could call functions
   foo:accumulator-name
for the predescent value and
   foo:post-descent-name
(of xsl:accumulator name="foo:accumulator-name"
post-descent="foo:post-descent-name") for accumulator after value.

An xsl:accumulator element is a declaration that declares one or two
functions, each of arity zero. The first function, called the
pre-descent function, has the name given by the name attribute, and the
second, called the post-descent function, has the name given by the
post-descent attribute if present; if absent, the post-descent function
is not available. Both names follow the same rules as the name attribute
on the xsl:function attribute, which means they must be
namespace-qualified. In the event of a conflict with the names of other
functions, the same rules apply as for an xsl:function declaration. The
visibility of the two functions is determined by the visibility
attribute in the same way as for other functions.

Re: Saxon 9.5 & accumulators functions

cmarchand
Ah ! Ok !
Thanks a lot.

Best,
Christophe

Le 2016-11-09 16:44, Martin Honnen a écrit :

> On 09.11.2016 16:14, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> I'm limited to a 9.5EE (budget to update the licenses are voted, but
>> for
>> next year...), and I have to use accumultors in streaming monde.
>>
>> What were the names (or equivalent) of accumultor-before and
>> accumulator-after function at 9.5 times ?
>
> I think the examples in
> https://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-xslt-30-20120710/#accumulator-examples
> suggest you could call functions
>    foo:accumulator-name
> for the predescent value and
>    foo:post-descent-name
> (of xsl:accumulator name="foo:accumulator-name"
> post-descent="foo:post-descent-name") for accumulator after value.
>
> An xsl:accumulator element is a declaration that declares one or two
> functions, each of arity zero. The first function, called the
> pre-descent function, has the name given by the name attribute, and the
> second, called the post-descent function, has the name given by the
> post-descent attribute if present; if absent, the post-descent function
> is not available. Both names follow the same rules as the name
> attribute
> on the xsl:function attribute, which means they must be
> namespace-qualified. In the event of a conflict with the names of other
> functions, the same rules apply as for an xsl:function declaration. The
> visibility of the two functions is determined by the visibility
> attribute in the same way as for other functions.

Re: Saxon 9.5 & accumulators functions

Michael Kay
But beware: (a) there have been a lot of detailed changes to the specs, and (b) the implementation in 9.5 was probably rather incomplete.