RE: Template rules validation problem in SaxonSA 8.5.1 (Michael Kay)

RE: Template rules validation problem in SaxonSA 8.5.1 (Michael Kay)

alan.painter
Thanks, Michael, for the explanation.  I now understand that
I hadn't understood the notion "unqualified" correctly, considering
it to mean "unprefixed" and not "unnamespaced".  Humbling.

There are some error messages like this where Clark notation would probably
be easier to read and maybe even help in understanding, although I might
not have made the connection in this case.

thanks

-alan

>> file:///C:/DevRoot/LssWorkingDirectory/BrokerXformEnv/../Broke
>> rSchemae/xslt/TFSMLToSgcibML-loansv34.xslt:
>>   The complex type TCT_CollV2 does not allow a child element named
>> allStock. The expression
>>   will select nothing, unless there is another type that
>> extends this one

For
> example, the problem with your stylesheet disappears if you put this
> attribute on both the xsl:when elements.
>
> Generally in error messages I show element names (etc) using the "display
> name" - the lexical QName as it appears in the stylesheet. Where the
problem
> is a mismatched namespace, this isn't very helpful. In some cases I'm
> displaying the expanded name in Clark notation - perhaps I should do that
> here.
>
> Michael Kay
> http://www.saxonica.com/

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration.Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.                         ***************
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont confidentiels et etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est interdite. Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration.La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, modifie ou falsifie.