Possible enlargement to meaning of "on-error" in collection?

Possible enlargement to meaning of "on-error" in collection?

David Rudel
Given that so much of the handling of collection() is left to the
implementation, I was wondering if the meaning of the "on-error"
keyword could be extended to include cases where a directory was not
found.

Using Saxon 9.6, I *think* I was able to avoid missing directories by
creating a file in the target directory immediately before using
collection():

    <xsl:result-document href="{$dir||'place_holder.xml'}">
    <a/>
    </xsl:result-document>

    <xsl:for-each select="collection(concat($dir,'?select=*.xml'))">
   [Do stuff]
    </xsl:for-each>

I'm using the 9.7 plugin for Saxon to OxygenXML, and this is no longer
working for me. I noticed when I tried using "on-error=warning" that
this did not prevent termination. The current documentation says this
only ignores errors in parsing, so it make sense that it would not
ignore a missing directory.

Was curious whether in a future release "on-error" could also handle
cases where directory did not exist.

-David
--

"A false conclusion, once arrived at and widely accepted is not
dislodged easily, and the less it is understood, the more tenaciously