Output resolver serialization options

Norman Walsh
Hi,

I'm catching the secondary result documents in an OutputURIResolver.
In either the resolve() call or the close() call, is there any way
for me to work out what the serialization options would have been
for the node I've received? Would have been if I'd just let Saxon
serialize it to disk, I mean.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <[hidden email]> | A rusty nail placed near a faithful
http://nwalsh.com/            | compass, will sway it from the truth,
                              | and wreck the argosy.--Sir Walter Scott

Re: Output resolver serialization options

Michael Kay
Sorry, I think the answer is no.

Michael Kay <[hidden email]> writes:
> Sorry, I think the answer is no.

Hmmm. That was the impression I got. Feature request? :-)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <[hidden email]> | Criminal: A person with predatory
http://nwalsh.com/            | instincts who has not sufficient
                              | capital to form a corporation.--Howard
                              | Scott

Re: Output resolver serialization options

Michael Kay
What’s the use case?

Would you just want Saxon to tell the OutputURIResolver what the serialization properties are, and leave the OutputURIResolver to handle them as it sees fit?

> On 22 May 2015, at 16:49, Norman Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Michael Kay <[hidden email]> writes:
>> Sorry, I think the answer is no.
>
> Hmmm. That was the impression I got. Feature request? :-)
>
>                                        Be seeing you,
>                                          norm
>
> --
> Norman Walsh <[hidden email]> | Criminal: A person with predatory
> http://nwalsh.com/            | instincts who has not sufficient
>                              | capital to form a corporation.--Howard
>                              | Scott

Re: Output resolver serialization options

Norman Walsh
Michael Kay <[hidden email]> writes:
> What’s the use case?

In the case of an XProc pipeline, the documents aren't serialized by
Saxon but at least some of them are likely to be serialized later.
Assuming a stylesheet produces, for example, an XML manifest, a bag
of JSON, and a collection of HTML documents that are supposed to be
serialized as HTML(2|3|4|5|evolving), it would be nice to be able
to serialize them as the stylsheet intended.

> Would you just want Saxon to tell the OutputURIResolver what the
> serialization properties are, and leave the OutputURIResolver to
> handle them as it sees fit?

Yes, please.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm