Oldies, oldies

cmarchand
Hello all !

I'm diving into Jing/Trang code, and found this :

saxon:node-set(...)
saxon:output(...)

Is the old documentation on these extension functions still available ?
And if, where ?

Thanks in advance,
Christophe

Re: Oldies, oldies

Dave Pawson-2
Note Jing was written in XSLT 1.0 times?
They represent functions to do what XSLT 2.0 does naturally.

HTH

On 27 October 2016 at 07:48, Christophe Marchand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all !
>

> I'm diving into Jing/Trang code, and found this :
>
> saxon:node-set(...)
> saxon:output(...)
>

> Is the old documentation on these extension functions still available ?
> And if, where ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Christophe

Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.
Docbook FAQ.
http://www.dpawson.co.uk

Re: Oldies, oldies

cmarchand
Yes.

But to be sure, I would like to read the documentation...

Best,
Christophe

Le 27/10/2016 à 08:57, Dave Pawson a écrit :

> Note Jing was written in XSLT 1.0 times?
> They represent functions to do what XSLT 2.0 does naturally.
>
> HTH
>
> On 27 October 2016 at 07:48, Christophe Marchand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello all !
>>

>> I'm diving into Jing/Trang code, and found this :
>>
>> saxon:node-set(...)
>> saxon:output(...)
>>

>> Is the old documentation on these extension functions still available ?
>> And if, where ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Christophe

Re: Oldies, oldies

Dave Pawson-2
http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.5/xsl-elements.html#xsl:document

Should be enough?

HTH

On 27 October 2016 at 08:25, Christophe Marchand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes.
>
> But to be sure, I would like to read the documentation...
>
> Best,
> Christophe
>

> Le 27/10/2016 à 08:57, Dave Pawson a écrit :
>> Note Jing was written in XSLT 1.0 times?
>> They represent functions to do what XSLT 2.0 does naturally.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> On 27 October 2016 at 07:48, Christophe Marchand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello all !
>>>

>>> I'm diving into Jing/Trang code, and found this :
>>>
>>> saxon:node-set(...)
>>> saxon:output(...)
>>>

>>> Is the old documentation on these extension functions still available ?
>>> And if, where ?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Christophe

Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.
Docbook FAQ.
http://www.dpawson.co.uk

Re: Oldies, oldies

cmarchand
It is, thanks !

Christophe

PS: what HTH stands for ?

Le 27/10/2016 à 09:52, Dave Pawson a écrit :

> http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.5/xsl-elements.html#xsl:document
>
> Should be enough?
>
> HTH
>
> On 27 October 2016 at 08:25, Christophe Marchand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Yes.
>>
>> But to be sure, I would like to read the documentation...
>>
>> Best,
>> Christophe
>>

>> Le 27/10/2016 à 08:57, Dave Pawson a écrit :
>>> Note Jing was written in XSLT 1.0 times?
>>> They represent functions to do what XSLT 2.0 does naturally.
>>>
>>> HTH

Re: Oldies, oldies

Florent Georges-3
"Hope that helps."

HTH

--
Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/

On 27 October 2016 at 11:26, Christophe Marchand wrote:

> It is, thanks !
>
> Christophe
>

> PS: what HTH stands for ?
>

> Le 27/10/2016 à 09:52, Dave Pawson a écrit :
>> http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.5/xsl-elements.html#xsl:document
>>
>> Should be enough?
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> On 27 October 2016 at 08:25, Christophe Marchand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Yes.
>>>
>>> But to be sure, I would like to read the documentation...
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Christophe

Re: Oldies, oldies

More specifically, saxon:output is here:

http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.5/extensions.html#saxon:output

Interesting to look back at this and be reminded of saxon:preview, which was my first attempt at implementing burst-mode streaming.

> On 27 Oct 2016, at 10:26, Christophe Marchand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> It is, thanks !
>
> Christophe
>

> PS: what HTH stands for ?
>

> Le 27/10/2016 à 09:52, Dave Pawson a écrit :
>> http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.5/xsl-elements.html#xsl:document
>>
>> Should be enough?
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> On 27 October 2016 at 08:25, Christophe Marchand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Yes.
>>>
>>> But to be sure, I would like to read the documentation...
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Christophe

Re: Oldies, oldies

Dave Pawson-2
History lessons Michael!

regards

On 27 October 2016 at 11:45, Michael Kay <[hidden email]> wrote:

> More specifically, saxon:output is here:
>
> http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.5/extensions.html#saxon:output
>
> Interesting to look back at this and be reminded of saxon:preview, which was my first attempt at implementing burst-mode streaming.

>> On 27 Oct 2016, at 10:26, Christophe Marchand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> It is, thanks !
>>
>> Christophe
>>

>> PS: what HTH stands for ?
>>

>> Le 27/10/2016 à 09:52, Dave Pawson a écrit :
>>> http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.5/xsl-elements.html#xsl:document
>>>
>>> Should be enough?
>>>
>>> HTH

Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.
Docbook FAQ.
http://www.dpawson.co.uk

Re: Oldies, oldies

Dave Pawson-2
On 27 October 2016 at 11:30, Florent Georges <[hidden email]> wrote:
> "Hope that helps."
>
> HTH

And the other million Florent :-)
http://www.netlingo.com/acronyms.php

regards

> On 27 October 2016 at 11:26, Christophe Marchand wrote:
>> It is, thanks !
>>
>> Christophe
>>

>> PS: what HTH stands for ?
>>

>> Le 27/10/2016 à 09:52, Dave Pawson a écrit :
>>> http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.5/xsl-elements.html#xsl:document
>>>
>>> Should be enough?
>>>
>>> HTH

Dave Pawson