'Numberer_de': typo?

Florent Georges
  Hi

  In the 'Numberer_de' class, I guess there is a typo.  In
the following statements:

    long rem = number % 1000000000;
    long n = number / 100000000;

the first number have a '0' to much, doesn't it?

  Saxon-SA 8.6.1.

  BTW, is there a place when I can found numberer classes
for other languages?

  Regards,

--drkm

How to escape illegal HTML characters

Jose Antonio Illescas del Olmo
Using the new version (8.6.1) obtains this error in previous saxon (8.4)
not occurs...

ERROR___________________________

; SystemID: file:///xsl/template/template.xsl; Line#: 855; Column#: -1
; SystemID: file:///xsl/template/template.xsl; Line#: 855; Column#: -1
net.sf.saxon.trans.DynamicError: Illegal HTML character: decimal 151
at net.sf.saxon.event.HTMLEmitter.writeEscape(HTMLEmitter.java:320)

How to escape illegal characters when output method is 'html'?

AVISO LEGAL
Este mensaje de correo electrónico y sus documentos adjuntos están dirigidos
exclusivamente a los destinatarios especificados. Puede contener información
confidencial o legalmente protegida. No hay renuncia a la confidencialidad o
privilegio por cualquier transmisión errónea. Si usted no es el destinatario
indicado, le rogamos que lo elimine y se lo comunique al remitente. No debe,
directa o indirectamente, usar, revelar, distribuir, imprimir o copiar
ninguna de las partes de este mensaje. Si siendo destinatario de este
mensaje no consintiera el uso de correo electrónico, rogamos nos lo
comunique inmediatamente.
Bancoval,S.A. y sus filiales no serán responsables de las opiniones o
informaciones incluidas en este mensaje salvo cuando el remitente esté
autorizado para establecer que dichas opiniones proceden de Bancoval,S.A
y sus filiales.

DISCLAIMER
Addressee/s identified herein. It may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. No confidentiality privilege is waived or lost
by any mistransmission. If you are not the intended recipient, please
immediately delete it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or
indirectly, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message.
If you are the addressee of this message and do not consent to the use of
e-mail, please communicate it to us immediately. Bancoval, S.A. and its
subsidiaries are not responsible for the opinions or information included
in this message except when the sender is authorised to state them to be the
views of Bancoval, S.A and its subsidiaries.

RE: How to escape illegal HTML characters

Michael Kay
The specification requires that this error is reported, and treated as
fatal.

There was a lot of heated debate about this in the Working Group, and I
resisted, but in the end I implement what the specification says.

The character Unicode 151 (x95) is not allowed in HTML. My guess is that you
are probably using it to represent the middle dot, Unicode x2022. That's
because the middle dot is represented as x95 in the Windows CP1252 encoding.
Your source XML file is probably mislabelled with encoding="iso-8859-1" when
it should have encoding="cp1252". If it were correctly labelled, then the
XML parser would translate the x91 to a x2022 before presenting it to the
XSLT processor.

The reason for making the error mandatory is to encourage you to correct the
labelling of your source XML.

If you can't achieve this you can patch things up at the serialization stage
by using a character map that converts the character x95 to x2022 before
it's serialized.

P.S. I ignore all legal disclaimers attached to email messages that are sent
either to me personally, or to any list that I control. I cannot read or
reply to a message without copying it, so telling me not to copy the message
is absurd. I cannot delete a message that is sent to a list in error. These
disclaimers are discourteous: please ask your IT department to stop adding
them.

A correction: x95 in CP1252 is "bullet" not "middle dot": but it's still the
same character as Unicode x2022. "Middle dot" is of course xB7 in both
Unicode and CP1252.

Jose Antonio Illescas del Olmo-2
SORRY

Is true, the disclaimers are discourteus,

I decided comunicate with my personal email until IT departamanet resolved this situation.

Thank you for your response (and comments)

Michael Kay wrote:
[...]

Dave Pawson-2
On 12/12/05, Michael Kay <[hidden email]> wrote:

> P.S. I ignore all legal disclaimers attached to email messages that are sent
> either to me personally, or to any list that I control. I cannot read or
> reply to a message without copying it, so telling me not to copy the message
> is absurd. I cannot delete a message that is sent to a list in error. These
> disclaimers are discourteous: please ask your IT department to stop adding
> them.

Please feel some sympathy for the sender.
Chances are that they have little or no control over their
email tails.

I've been there and dumped the client because of it.

I know it's crap.
You do.
So, probably, does the sender.

Some legal eagle seems to think they have earned
their crust by adding it at the behest of some frightened IT
manager.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.

RE: How to escape illegal HTML characters

Michael Kay

> Please feel some sympathy for the sender.

I have a lot of sympathy for the sender, but occasionally I feel it might be
worth giving them some ammunition to help them fight the system.

Re: How to escape illegal HTML characters

Jose Antonio Illescas del Olmo

Already removed the disclaimer...
My emails administrators dont like to change the disclaimer until talks
with internal auditors... (stupid bureaucracy)

Another outgoing server, for automatic emails without disclaimer, is the
solution to jump this setting    ;-)

PD: sometimes backdoors are the best solution

Michael Kay wrote:

>>Please feel some sympathy for the sender.
>>

>I have a lot of sympathy for the sender, but occasionally I feel it might be
>worth giving them some ammunition to help them fight the system.
>
>Michael Kay

RE: 'Numberer_de': typo?

>   In the 'Numberer_de' class, I guess there is a typo.  In
> the following statements:
>
>     long rem = number % 1000000000;
>     long n = number / 100000000;
>
> the first number have a '0' to much, doesn't it?

No, the second number has one '0' too few. But thanks for pointing it out
anyway!

>   BTW, is there a place when I can found numberer classes
> for other languages?

I'm not aware of any, but if anyone has written localizations for other
languages (numberers, collations, extra character encodings, etc, etc) then
they will be very welcome. They can always be posted to the "extensions"
tracker on SourceForge, and I will package them for distribution if I feel
they are likely to be generally useful.

I chose German to test and demonstrate the localization capabilities only
because it happens to be a language I know; by coincidence Germany also
appears to be the largest non-English-speaking destination for Saxon
downloads, by some margin.

RE: 'Numberer_de': typo?

Florent Georges
Michael Kay wrote:

> > the first number have a '0' to much, doesn't it?

> No, the second number has one '0' too few.

  :-)  I confess I didn't count them.

> >   BTW, is there a place when I can found numberer classes
> > for other languages?

> I'm not aware of any, but if anyone has written
> localizations for other languages (numberers, collations,
> extra character encodings, etc, etc) then they will be
> very welcome. They can always be posted to the
> "extensions" tracker on SourceForge, and I will package
> them for distribution if I feel they are likely to be
> generally useful.

  Ok.  I'm only intrested by the French support for
cardinals, and it's not a priority.  But if I write this
(thanks to the revision of the rules for writing numbers in
French, a few years ago), I'll post it.

> I chose German to test and demonstrate the localization
> capabilities only because it happens to be a language I
> know; by coincidence Germany also appears to be the
> largest non-English-speaking destination for Saxon
> downloads, by some margin.

  Sometimes, life is generous ;-)

  Thanks,

--drkm