Moving Saxon forward on .NET to use framework version 4.0

Moving Saxon forward on .NET to use framework version 4.0

O'Neil Delpratt
Dear Saxon .NET users,

We are thinking of moving forward Saxon's support of the .NET framework version to 4.0.

This we plan to take effect from the release of Saxon 9.6.

The .NET framework version 4.0 we feel has been out for a while now and is stable.
There are number of features that Saxon would benefit from in moving forward.

I would like to know if there is any resistance to this from the Saxon .NET users community.

kind regards,

-------------------------------
O'Neil Delpratt
Software Developer, Saxonica Limited Email: [hidden email]
Tel: +44 118 946 5894
Web: http://www.saxonica.com
Saxonica Community site: http://dev.saxonica.com
Bug tracking site: https://saxonica.plan.io/

Re: Moving Saxon forward on .NET to use framework version 4.0

Emanuel Wlaschitz
We recently moved our things from 3.5 to 4.0 (or rather: 4.5) aswell, so I personally wouldn't mind at all.

One thing to consider is changes between 4.0 and 4.5 (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh367887%28v=vs.110%29.aspx#xml) that may affect Saxon code.
As 4.5 is an in-place upgrade, 4.0 Assemblies will just run on 4.5 and get the bugfixes; but you cannot just revert to the 4.0 behavior if 4.5 is installed.

- Emanuel