Java heap space

waraporn jirapanthong

Hi guys,

My program's been written in Java, and used eclipse as execution environment. The program's trying to execute a set of queries (in XQuery language). As running one query which returns the output 1536 nodes.

I got an error:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

I've tried to set JVM as 1024M though. Still getting the same error. Anyone's got any ideas for sorting this problem?  Many thanks in anticipation.

Cheers,

Waraporn

Lycos email has now 300 Megabytes of free storage... Get it now at mail.lycos.co.uk

RE: Java heap space

Michael Kay
It's not possible to diagnose this kind of problem unless you can supply the code in a reproducible form.

I would recommend the Java HAT tool for analyzing memory "leaks". It quickly shows you how may instances of each class have been created, and enables you to determine why the objects have not been garbage collected.