Quantcast

Import precedence

Mailing Lists Mail

Does the import precedence rules apply to the variables like they do to the templates? I've been working straight 40 hours now and my mind stopped working . I think the variables does not have the same import precedence as templates. Is this correct ?

Re: Import precedence

Michael Kay
The rules for global variables are very similar to the rules for templates.

I suggest you get some sleep and it might all make more sense in the morning.

On 7 Oct 2016, at 09:35, Mailing Lists Mail <[hidden email]> wrote:

Does the import precedence rules apply to the variables like they do to the templates? I've been working straight 40 hours now and my mind stopped working . I think the variables does not have the same import precedence as templates. Is this correct ?

Re: Import precedence

Mailing Lists Mail

SORRY.  I meant exactly the opposite of what I wrote...

So if xslt A.xsl imports B.xsl   and we declare variable foo as global var , then foo of  A has higher precedence on foo of B and $foo in B gets overridden by $foo in A ...

In my xslts, I was seeing that $foo of B was being used . But may be my mind was blurred. Sorry I shouldn't have even asked this question.

Still not slept.. will go