How to tell what version

Campbell, Lance

We use SAXON EE for Java.

Is there a file within either saxon9-unpack.jar or saxon9ee.jar that has the specific version number of the SAXON EE software?  If not is there a way to include even a read me file within the jar files that has the specific version of the software.

Thanks,

Lance

Re: How to tell what version

O'Neil Delpratt
Hi Lance,

a part from on the naming of the zip file which has the version number the only way to identify the version of Saxon is to execute the follow command which gives the full product description:

java -cp .:saxon9ee.jar net.sf.saxon.Transform ?

The class net.sf.saxon.Version which also can be executed on the command-line does give the version number but not the specific edition (i.e. HE/EE/PE), but via the API you can get at all the Saxon product details.

kind regards,

O'neil