FODC0002 error questions

cmarchand

Hello,

I have a XSL that generates this error :

Recoverable error on line 292 of preProcess.xsl:
FODC0002: Exception thrown by URIResolver: key can't be empty

The code taht generates th error is

 <xsl:for-each select="//namespace::node() | document('')//namespace::node()">

It is supposed to get all xmlns:xxx attributes, in source document and in XSL. If document('') targets the current XSL, I can not understand why my URIResolver is called.

So my question is :

Do I have a bug in my XPath expression, or in my URIResolver which does not correctly resolves '' to the current XSL ?

Thanks in advance,

Christophe

Re: FODC0002 error questions

Michael Kay
Calling document(“”) should result on a call to the URIResolver with href=“” and base URI set to the base URI of the instruction containing the call on document().

Although document(“”) conventionally returns the containing stylesheet, it might do something quite different, for example if there is an xml:base attribute on the relevant instruction in the stylesheet. What it actually means is “get the document whose URI is equal to the static base URI of the instruction containing the call on document()”.

On 22 Jun 2015, at 11:04, [hidden email] wrote:

Hello,

I have a XSL that generates this error :

Recoverable error on line 292 of preProcess.xsl:
FODC0002: Exception thrown by URIResolver: key can't be empty

The code taht generates th error is

 <xsl:for-each select="//namespace::node() | document('')//namespace::node()">

It is supposed to get all xmlns:xxx attributes, in source document and in XSL. If document('') targets the current XSL, I can not understand why my URIResolver is called.

So my question is :

Do I have a bug in my XPath expression, or in my URIResolver which does not correctly resolves '' to the current XSL ?

Thanks in advance,

Christophe

Re: FODC0002 error questions

cmarchand

Humm... It's as clear as the specification... not so easy to understand !

I think my URIResolver will delegate to default saxon-original URIResolver when href is "" !

Thanks for your help,

Christophe

On 22 Jun 2015, at 13:33, [hidden email] wrote:

Humm... It's as clear as the specification... not so easy to understand !

I think my URIResolver will delegate to default saxon-original URIResolver when href is "" !

Simpler (and equivalent) is just to return the value of the base-uri argument.