Exception: Unbound function call

Florent Georges
  Hi

  I just got this exception:

    java.lang.NullPointerException: Unbound function
    call wel:amount

and don't really know what can be the problem.  The message says that
is the call that is not bound, not the function symbol.  What does this
mean?  BTW, this function is defined.  Actualy, there are two
functions, with different arity, defined just one after the other in
the source.

  Here is an excerpt of the error message and of the trace:

<xsl:value-of select="wel:amount(..., ...)">
 <xsl:function name="wel:amount" as="xs:string">
  <xsl:value-of select="wel:amount(..., ..., ...)">
   <xsl:function name="wel:amount" as="xs:string">
    <xsl:variable name="fmt">
     <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="$amount" mode="wel:amount">
       <source node="...">
        <xsl:template match="node()" mode="wel:amount" as="xs:string">
         <xsl:variable name="format" as="xs:string">
         </xsl:variable>
java.lang.NullPointerException: Unbound function call wel:amount
    at
net.sf.saxon.expr.UserFunctionCall.callFunction(UserFunctionCall.java:259)
    at
net.sf.saxon.expr.UserFunctionCall.evaluateItem(UserFunctionCall.java:192)
    at
net.sf.saxon.instruct.TraceWrapper.evaluateItem(TraceWrapper.java:188)
    at
net.sf.saxon.instruct.TraceWrapper.evaluateItem(TraceWrapper.java:188)
    at
net.sf.saxon.instruct.SimpleContentConstructor.evaluateItem(SimpleContentConstructor.java:177)
    at
net.sf.saxon.instruct.ValueOf.processLeavingTail(ValueOf.java:163)
    at net.sf.saxon.instruct.Instruction.process(Instruction.java:91)
    at
net.sf.saxon.instruct.TraceWrapper.processLeavingTail(TraceWrapper.java:92)
    at net.sf.saxon.instruct.Block.processLeavingTail(Block.java:332)
    at net.sf.saxon.instruct.Instruction.process(Instruction.java:91)
    at
net.sf.saxon.instruct.ElementCreator.processLeavingTail(ElementCreator.java:164)

  Thanks for any help.

  Regards,

--drkm

RE: Exception: Unbound function call

Michael Kay
This is probably another occurrence of this problem:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1443046&group_id=2
9872&atid=397617

Or something similar. Can't be sure exactly without being able to see your
code and execute it.

Michael Kay wrote:

> Can't be sure exactly without being able to see
> your code and execute it.

  Argh!  I made a lot of changes while the week-end, and I didn't save
the  state of the scripts when I encountered this problem, so I can't
reproduce the problem now.

  I'm sorry I can't give you more input on this.

  Regards,

--drkm