Excelsior license with Saxon/C

Kevin S. Clarke

"Firstly, I would like to mention that the  Excelsior Jet installation that you have added in a separate step is not required if you are only using Saxon/C as it already comes with the Jet runtime. For Linux and Windows Saxon/C contains a professional license."

So it seems like Linux users of Saxon/C should not have to purchase a license other than the one that Saxonica has procured, but I'm not sure how that would work since we've compiled it ourselves (downloading the necessary libraries from Excelsior) and we don't have the license file that Saxonica does.  Does anyone else have any experience with this?  I'm guessing that Saxonica's use of their libraries was under the free non-commercial agreement (since Saxon/C is open source) so perhaps we can get the license from Excelsior under the same conditions since we're only using it to build Saxon/C?

Anyone know (or tried to travel this path before)?

Thanks,
Kevin

--
"There are two kinds of people in this world: those who believe there are two kinds of people in this world and those who know better."

Re: Excelsior license with Saxon/C

O'Neil Delpratt
Hi Kevin,

On 9 Sep 2015, at 15:36, Kevin S. Clarke <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

You should be able to use our released library which is licensed under JET with your patched PHP extension.

Would you be able to send your patch off list please?

The next release of Saxon/C getting very close now. I am pushing this for the end of the month.

kind regards,

O'Neil Delpratt
Software Developer, Saxonica Limited
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ond1