DocumentWrapper on JDom document - getDocumentNumberAllocator()

DocumentWrapper on JDom document - getDocumentNumberAllocator()

Morten Andersen-4
I implemented a method that returns a DocumentWrapper. The method's name
is: getEditNode(), When this is called from xsl:

<xsl:variable name="categories"><xsl:copy-of
select="insertion:getEditNode(@type, @name,$site,$page)"/></xsl:variable>

I get a NoSuchMethodError. I checked that the Configuration class is in
the classPath.

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Exception in extension
function java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
net.sf.saxon.Configuration.getDocumentNumberAllocator()Lnet/sf/saxon/om/DocumentNumberAllocator;
        at
net.sf.saxon.instruct.Instruction.styleError(Instruction.java:326)
        at
net.sf.saxon.instruct.Instruction.processChildren(Instruction.java:215)

Please provide examples on how a list of items from another XML-file can
be displayed either using a java method or using the document method.

Thanks

Morten

RE: DocumentWrapper on JDom document - getDocumentNumberAllocator()

Michael Kay

The most likely explanation is that you're picking up the wrong version of
the Saxon jar file from somewhere: I'd say it even looks as if you have
classes from more than one Saxon version loaded at the same time. The method
getDocumentNumberAllocator() was introduced in Saxon 8.5, I believe, and you
will get an error like this if you load an earlier version in error.