Ambiguous rule match question

dvint
I'm getting a warning fromSaxon 6.5.4 that I would like to get rid of, even
though it is just a warning.

I'm getting an ambiguous rule match which I've seen in the past where 2
different rules end up covering the same element. In this case Saxon is
reporting this against the same template. I'm not sure what it is trying to
tell me. To me this is the result I want - please match in this case '*'
with this one rule, how is this ambiguous? Here is the template if it helps,

<xsl:template match='*' mode='doc'>
   <xsl:element name="{concat('acord-doc:', name(.))}"
        namespace='acordURL'>
       <xsl:apply-templates select="@*" mode = "doc"/>
       <xsl:apply-templates mode='doc'/>
    </xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

It is reporting ambiguous errors against the elements currently, so one
will be .../Entry[122]/Definition[1] and then there will be another error
following for the next level down ../Entry[122]/Definition[1]/p[1]

..dan
Danny Vint

Specializing in Panoramic Images of California and the West
http://www.dvint.com

voice: 510-522-4703

RE: Ambiguous rule match question

Michael Kay
Any chance you could send me the full stylesheet and a specimen source
document? It's difficult to see what's going on unless I can reproduce it.