[ANN] Saxon 8.6

Michael Kay
Sorry if you hear this on more than one list, but I think it's an occasion
for a bit of trumpet-blowing!

Following the publication of the Candidate Recommendations for XSLT 2.0,
XQuery 1.0, and XPath 2.0 earlier today, I am pleased to announce the
release of Saxon 8.6, which is a complete and conformant implementation of
these specifications. A full conformance statement is included with the
product, and will be available on the Saxonica web site shortly.

For the open-source Saxon-B product, visit http://saxon.sf.net/

For the schema-aware commercial Saxon-SA product, visit
http://www.saxonica.com/

Existing licences for Saxon-SA will work with the new release if they were
issued after 3 November 2004. If you hold an earlier license than this,
please contact Saxonica to discuss upgrade options - upgrade licenses are
not yet available from the online shop.

Michael Kay
Saxonica Limited

Re: [ANN] Saxon 8.6

JBryant
Neat.

Thanks, Mike.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

"Michael Kay" <[hidden email]>
Sent by: [hidden email]
11/03/2005 11:46 AM
Please respond to

<[hidden email]>
cc

Subject
Spam:[saxon] [ANN] Saxon 8.6

[...]

Dave Pawson-2
On 03/11/05, Michael Kay <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sorry if you hear this on more than one list, but I think it's an occasion
> for a bit of trumpet-blowing!

Just a bit!
  And more than a few grey hairs?

> Following the publication of the Candidate Recommendations for XSLT 2.0,
> XQuery 1.0, and XPath 2.0 earlier today, I am pleased to announce the
> release of Saxon 8.6, which is a complete and conformant implementation of
> these specifications.

Well what a surprise :-)

 A full conformance statement is included with the
> product, and will be available on the Saxonica web site shortly.

Well done Mike, and the rest of the WG.
  I bet you thought it would never end?
regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.

Re: [ANN] Saxon 8.6

Martin Honnen-2

Michael Kay wrote:

> Following the publication of the Candidate Recommendations for XSLT 2.0,
> XQuery 1.0, and XPath 2.0 earlier today, I am pleased to announce the
> release of Saxon 8.6, which is a complete and conformant implementation of
> these specifications. A full conformance statement is included with the
> product, and will be available on the Saxonica web site shortly.
>
> For the open-source Saxon-B product, visit http://saxon.sf.net/
>
> For the schema-aware commercial Saxon-SA product, visit
> http://www.saxonica.com/

I am having some troubles accessing the online documentation, on
<http://www.saxonica.com/> there is a link called "Documentation" that
loads <http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/documentation.html> which
then shows "Redirecting to index/intro.html..." but nothing like that
happens.
The HTML source shows
I guess that should be
I am able to load index/intro.html manually but you might want to fix
that meta element.

--

        Martin Honnen
        http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

RE: [ANN] Saxon 8.6

Michael Kay
Thanks. It was working for me, perhaps I've got a cached copy of something
in my browser. I'll fix it.