8.7. Now a new product?

Dave Pawson-2
Quote.

Saxon-SA 8.7 can be used with any license purchased after 24 February
2005. Customers holding license keys issued before that date will need
to purchase an upgrade.

End quote.

So prior release purchasers are left cold?

Thanks Michael.

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.

RE: 8.7. Now a new product?

Michael Kay

> Saxon-SA 8.7 can be used with any license purchased after 24 February
> 2005. Customers holding license keys issued before that date will need
> to purchase an upgrade.

It's always been made clear that the purchase price for a Saxon-SA license
entitled you to use the current release of the software for ever, and to
upgrade free to any release issued within 12 months of your purchase.
There's nothing new here. I'm happy to discuss individual situations
off-list.

Re: 8.7. Now a new product?

Dave Pawson-2
On 27/02/06, Michael Kay <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Saxon-SA 8.7 can be used with any license purchased after 24 February
> > 2005. Customers holding license keys issued before that date will need
> > to purchase an upgrade.
> >

> It's always been made clear that the purchase price for a Saxon-SA license
> entitled you to use the current release of the software for ever, and to
> upgrade free to any release issued within 12 months of your purchase.

True.
Section 4 of the legal bumf.
quote.This Agreement entitles you to install in place of the Software
any product classified by Saxonica as an upgrade of the original
Software, provided that the upgrade product is published by Saxonica
within 12 months after the date of the original purchase. Saxonica has
absolute discretion whether to classify any new software as an upgrade
of the original Software, and to decide whether and when to publish
any such software. Use of upgraded software may be subject to amended
terms and conditions. Saxonica also has absolute discretion to cease
distribution of any software product or version at any time.
end quote.

I clearly expected more with rec status so far off, and was wrong.

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.

RE: 8.7. Now a new product?

alan.painter
From the www.saxonica.com homepage this morning:

> Saxon-SA 8.7 can be downloaded from here.
> Users with licenses issued after 24 February 2004 can upgrade at no cost;
> those with earlier licenses can purchase an upgrade.

I'm assuming that the 2004 date is a typo and should read 2005?

I'll take the opportunity to say that I happen to think that Saxonica is a
great value.

-alan (speaking only for himself and not his employer)
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s).
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or
falsified.